This is not meant to be an all inclusive list of every security issue published involving IPv6 but just ones that received a higher amount of press than others.
- OpenBSD Buffer overflow exploit (March 2007).
- Linux IPv6 kernel DoS (October 2005).
- Cisco’s issue of “IPv6 Crafted Packet Vulnerability” (July 2005)
- Cisco’s issue of “Multiple Crafted IPv6 Packets Cause Reload” (January 2005).
- A flaw in the IPv6 patch for postfix found by RedHat could allow unauthorised relaying of email (March 2005).
- Microsoft IPv6 implementation was found to be vulnerable (MS05-019) to a LAND attack (April 2005).